Group Wine & Barrel Tasting
Group Wine Tastings (8 guests or more)
Our family loves to share our Irish hospitality and award-winning wines with groups of guests visiting the Sonoma wine country. Because our wines are not sold in stores and our winery is still owned and operated by the Roche family (unlike many corporate wineries in the area), we feel that we can offer a unique experience for your fellow guests or clients.
The majority of our group tastings (for 8 or more guests) are held at our lovely downtown Sonoma Tasting Room
on the Plaza. Here are all of the details:
- Advanced reservations are required. Any group of 8 or more guests visiting our tasting room must call us in advance to book the tasting (i.e. we recommend a minimum of 48 hours advance to ensure our winery can accommodate your group).
- Sampling of four limited production premium Roche wines.
- Barrel tasting included. Try our wines before they are even bottled! We will be happy to offer barrel tasting of our reserve wines and wines sold directly from the barrel as part of our Futures program. Based on availability, please call in advance to ensure barrel tasting is possible.
- Winery host is available at no additional charge. We are happy to arrange a winery host to educate your group about the wines that they are tasting, discuss the history of our family’s winery and our southern Sonoma ranch and vineyards located in the Los Carneros and Sonoma Coast appellations, and answer any guest questions.
- An advanced deposit is required to book any group.
- Group Tasting Fees do apply to “walk in” groups or pre-arranged groups of 8 or more.
o Mid-week Group Tasting Fee: Call our Director of Marketing for seasonal pricing
o Weekend Group Tasting Fee: Call our Director of Marketing for seasonal pricing
Please phone our Director of Marketing & Sales directly to inquire availability or to book your group wine tasting at Roche Winery.
Barrel Tasting at Roche Winery
In addition to tasting at our indoor and outdoor wine bars, our family continues to offer barrel tasting of our limited productions wines as well. Tasting from the barrel is simply…an experience! Our winemaking team transports barrels from our production facility right to our downtown Sonoma tasting room so that our visitors can enjoy the very same young wines that our winemaker tastes regularly before they are ready to bottle. Our knowledgeable tasting room staff are happy to share these wines with you and details regarding the latest harvest. Throughout the year, we try to make available barrel tasting of our Reserve Pinot Noir, Reserve Merlot, Reserve American Oak Chardonnay, Reserve French Oak Chardonnay, and even our Syrah. Please call us to see which barrels are currently available in the tasting room. We hope to see you at our downtown Sonoma Tasting Room soon!